[av_textblock size=” font_color=’custom’ color=’#00c1d5′ av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jol3g9w6′ admin_preview_bg=’rgb(255, 255, 255)’]
FIRST INTEGRATED DATA INNOVATION ACCELERATOR FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING LAUNCHES IN BAY AREA
Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator provides entrepreneurs with resources necessary to turn startups into successful businesses
JACKSONVILLE, FL. – San Ramon, Calif. — September 5, 2017 — Bishop Ranch today announced the launch of the first integrated data innovation accelerator and collaboration community in the Bay Area, Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator (BRIIA).
BRIIA gives early-stage entrepreneurs the resources to start and grow companies that are fueled by machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), natural language processing and related technologies.
After a worldwide call for applications, five seed-stage companies were chosen to be participants in the first ever BRIIA 12-week mentor-driven accelerator program. Each company chosen targets a different industry, but all use AI or machine learning to power their product or service.
BRIIA will provide free office space for participants during the 12-week program, which focuses on product-market fit, acquiring customers and acquiring investors, all while receiving expert advice from experienced mentors in a collaborative work environment. The adjacent coworking space and collaborative community provides an environment where new companies can form and benefit from the collective wisdom of the community.
“We’re proud to house the Bay Area’s first integrated data innovation accelerator and collaboration community,” said Alex Mehran, Jr., president and chief operating officer of Sunset Development Company. “The Tri-Valley is home to some of Silicon Valley’s best and brightest, and we look forward to fostering a community of entrepreneurship where they can innovate close to home.”
Les Schmidt and Melissa Ross co-founded BRIIA. Les is a serial entrepreneur who has led startups, middle-stage and public companies. He was most recently the Executive Director of the Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership (IEL) in Concord. Melissa has spent the last two decades leading growth in healthcare analytics companies and was most recently at MedeAnalytics, the largest pure-play healthcare analytics and big data firm.
“The Tri-Valley is a thriving community, evidenced by the innovative companies and tech talent residing at Bishop Ranch,” said Les Schmidt, founder and executive director of BRIIA. “It’s the right time and the right space and we look forward to attracting innovative technology companies to the area where they can turn ideas into real, scalable businesses.”
The five companies chosen to participate in BRIIA’s first Program are:
- Acclivity addresses the ageing of the US population, rising health care costs and shifting attitudes about the final stages of life. By coalescing service providers, patients and insurers onto a common, smart platform, and applying machine learning, intelligent decisions can be made about palliative care options and service-delivery.
- datazoom aims to reduce the complexity of data integration and improve the quality of video distribution for broadcasters and media companies by analyzing sub-second video quality data in real time.
- Dotin is improving recommendation engines by going beyond the usual tracking of clicks and cookies. Their machine learning-powered service can decipher 150 personality types from one’s affinity with just 10 images, improving the accuracy of recommendation engines for ecommerce, “friend finders”, human resources and more.
- Klinche provides a cloud-based risk management and analytics platform that helps banks and owners deploy construction capital more effectively and helps contractors and suppliers get paid faster. The company uses machine learning to provide insights into expected outcomes of projects and portfolios over their lifecycles.
- ThroughPut helps business supply chains run better by detecting costly bottlenecks. Their AI-powered platform discovers problems and recommends solutions 100x faster than the experts.
The program will end with a Demo Day, which is open to the public, on December 7. Companies may stay in the BRIIA facilities for up to 12 months after the Program ends. The next 12-week program will take place in spring 2018 with the application process opening a few months prior. For more information on BRIIA and to stay updated on the application process, visit: briia.io
About Bishop Ranch
Bishop Ranch, owned and operated by Sunset Development Company, is built on a legacy of sound planning and smart growth. Located on 585 acres in the San Ramon Valley, it is the largest mixed-use business community in Northern California. For nearly four decades, Bishop Ranch has continually and carefully grown to become a dynamic center for the modern business.
Bishop Ranch is home to 30,000 employees at over 600 companies in more than 30 industries and among them are many Fortune 500 companies. Tenants include AT&T, Chevron, General Electric, IBM, Rodan + Fields, PG&E, GE Digital, Robert Half, SAP, BlackBerry, Bank of the West, Toyota and Berkshire Hathaway. Bishop Ranch offers flexibility for the changing demands of companies large and small, and its tenants occupy spaces from 150 square feet to more than 1 million square feet.
Employees at Bishop Ranch enjoy a wide range of amenities and on-site services, including award-winning transportation programs, professional seminars and networking opportunities, a comprehensive tenant event program, health and wellness activities, gourmet food trucks and a weekly farmers market. Additionally, Roundhouse Market and Conference Center features 50,000 square feet of flexible meeting and conference room space, a state-of-the-art fitness center, lakeside dining, electric Duffy boat rides and year-round special events. Opening fall 2018 is City Center Bishop Ranch. Designed by internationally acclaimed architect, Renzo Piano, City Center will offer a distinctive collection of dining, retail and entertainment experiences in the heart of Bishop Ranch. For more information, visit bishopranch.com.
About Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator
Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator (BRIIA) was founded in 2017 as an integrated data innovation accelerator and collaborative community for machine learning and artificial intelligence. BRIIA is a diverse community of specialists who are passionate about emerging technologies, analytics, marketing, sales, UX, and business development. Here, cutting edge data technologies meet entrepreneurship to foster growth in new ideas and markets.